COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Community Engagement Manager plays three distinct roles in the company – all with an overarching goal to engage external partners and members of the community:
- Ideate and implement communications and PR strategies that build awareness in, and action from, the greater Chicago community.
- Manage communications and event logistics with internal staff and external partners.
- Assist the leadership team in finding and nurturing partner organizations that can add value to the company’s mission.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
About Storycatchers Theatre.
For 35 years, Storycatchers Theatre has been empowering court-involved youth to craft and perform musical theatre from their own personal stories of growing up in Illinois’ underserved neighborhoods. Using an award-winning and transformational writing methodology, these youth develop the skills needed to successfully re-enter society and move beyond their histories to become peer mentors, civic influencers and agents of change in our community.
- In collaboration with Executive Director and other staff, establish community engagement goals and objectives.
- Represent the organization at coalition and community group meetings and public & private events.
- Produce writing, photographs, video and other public facing statements and communication for the organization on a range of issues.
- Publish and distribute these communications through social media, website, press releases and other means.
- Effectively use online tools and software for targeted outreach and promotion.
- Coordinate and implement community special events.
- Contribute consistently to the organization’s social media and email presence on a regular basis maintaining a high standard for writing, quality of information, and strategic participation in issues.
Essential skills and qualifications.
- Three (3) years relevant experience developing community partnerships and/or community outreach in the non-profit space.
- Proven experience creating and managing online and offline communications, particularly social media.
- Meaningful connections to people from various and marginalized backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems such as WordPress preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and tasks effectively.
- Basic knowledge of and commitment to learn about nonviolence, poverty, racism, and other focuses of Storycatchers Theatre programming.
- Commitment to professional and personal growth and challenge.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to the value of diversity and collective liberation.
Other work requirements
- A valid driver’s license required and access to a reliable vehicle preferred.
General required availability.
- Full-time position, 9am – 5pm weekdays with occasional nights or weekends.
- Primary place of work located at 544 W. Oak St in River North.
Compensation and benefits.
- 100% paid enrollment in company health plan.
- Paid federal holidays and 25 days of additional PTO after one year of employment.
- Salary Range: $44,000 – $46,000.