- This event has passed.
Nah, It Ain’t Easy – A Firewriters Musical
March 26 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This original one-act musical by the Firewriters at Illinois Youth Center in Chicago focuses on three teens who struggle with blood and gang families. Alex can’t rely on his alcoholic mom to help him achieve his baseball dreams. Jalen is angry with his hard-working mother, who just moved the family to Englewood to avoid troubles on the west side. Markeze’s only family is the gang who wants revenge for a recent death.
Storycatchers Theatre’s Music Director will be joined by members of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago to provide live music for this production.
After the performance, join the cast and teaching artists for a reception and conversation.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have valid photo I.D. to enter.
- Arrive no later than 5:00pm to get through the security checkpoint. The show will begin promptly at 5:30pm.
- Please provide the name, address, phone, and e-mail for all guests.
- Vehicles and individuals may be subject to security checks.
- Cell phones, pagers, cameras, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, drugs, currency and open drink containers are not permitted inside the facility.
- Admission is free. Reservations are required.
Reservations are closed.