Volunteers and Donors
Storycatchers Theatre draws its strength from the people and communities whose stories inspire and inform its work. You can support Storycatchers as a donor or a volunteer – providing the human and fiscal resources needed to sustain Storycatchers programs and accomplish the organization’s important youth development mission.
What can you do to help?
Storycatchers is recruiting a new creative team of volunteers who can help increase support and visibility for Storycatchers. These Storycatchers Ambassadors share information about Storycatchers Theatre with their friends and colleagues, and enlist their support for Storycatchers mission. As an Storycatchers Ambassador, you can host a house party to introduce Storycatchers Theatre to new donors, invite your friends to Storycatchers events, and actively promote Storycatchers within your community.
Sponsorships can provide high visibility in the community and associate you and your organization with Storycatchers Theatre important work with Chicago-area youth. Storycatchers staff is happy to work with you to develop a sponsorship opportunity that reflects your special interests.
In-kind gifts and retail cards also are welcome. Storycatchers Theatre needs include groceries and refreshments for a family receptions and special events, office supplies, and costumes.
If you would like more information about any of these opportunities, please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Even a modest gift can make a real difference for the youth and families Storycatchers Theatre serves. To make a donation make checks payable to Storycatchers Theatre.
- $100 purchases supplies, including journals, paper, pens, and other materials young participants need to make their Storycatchers experience worthwhile.
- $200 funds refreshments for family and friends attending Storycatchers’s eight post-performance receptions each year.
- $325 maintains a month of critical communications among staff, teaching artist, participants, funders, and community partners.
- $750 provides a month of transportation for staff and teaching artist traveling to and from workshop sessions.
- $1,500 funds printing and production of three scripts per year.
- $2,000 covers the cost of costumes and props for Storycatchers’s Summer Theatre Ensemble.
- $3,500 covers theatrical lights and staging materials for Fabulous Females’ fall production.